American Subcontractors Association, Inc.
1004 Duke St., Alexandria, VA 22314-3588 • www.asaonline.com • (703) 836-3482 fax
FOR RELEASE Aug. 24, 2012
Contact: David Mendes, (703) 684-3450, Ext. 1335, firstname.lastname@example.org
ASA and FASA Offer Solutions to Subcontractors’ Business Management Needs
ALEXANDRIA, Va. — The American Subcontractors Association and the Foundation of ASA are providing construction subcontractors with the latest strategies and ideas to better manage their businesses, ranging from recovering their overhead costs to improving sales.
The ASA/FASA Construction Subcontractor’s Education Catalog, available online at www.contractorsknowledgedepot.com, showcases education resources, such as live webinars, videos-on-demand, books, and other products focusing on business management topics for construction subcontractors. For example, the catalog features these new on-demand videos:
- “Sales Training Bundle — Networking, Why Buyers Buy, and Staying Motivated” (Item #5007): This three-part series provides tips on figuring out customers’ hot buttons and buying motives. Subcontractors will learn how to network to generate revenue and techniques for motivating and reaching their sales goals.
- “The Art and Science of Getting Paid” (Item #8054): This 94-minute video-on-demand explains how to develop and implement a corporate strategy using the law, contracts, and employees to prevent payment delays, as well as how to effectively apply pressure, when it is needed, for proper payments.
- “Purchase Orders: How to Wage and Win the Battle of the Forms” (Item #8053): This 95-minute video-on-demand examines why and how different forms create different contract terms and how subcontractors can negotiate the contract terms they want.
- “Recovering Your Overhead Costs” (Item #8051): This 80-minute video-on-demand explores different methods for tracking overhead costs and explains how to choose the right tracking method to make it easier to recover costs.
- “Insurance and Surety: Emerging Risks for Subcontractors” (Item #8050): This 67-minute video-on-demand discusses how subcontractors can protect their businesses against the risks of consolidated insurance programs, poorly written contractual insurance requirements, unintended design liabilities, and unregulated surety bonds and bond alternatives. Subcontractors will also learn key questions to ask their insurance agent and surety bond producer.
The catalog also features the upcoming webinars from ASA:
- Sept. 11, 2012, “10 Killer Contract Clauses” (Item #WEB055).
- Oct. 9, 2012, “How to Get Results from a Networking Event” (Item #WEB056).
- Nov. 13, 2012, “The Big IF in Pay-if-Paid Clauses” (Item #WEB057).
- Dec. 11, 2012, “Using LinkedIn to Create an Effective Online Network” (Item #WEB058).
- Jan. 8, 2013, “Tax Strategies for Subcontractors” (Item #WEB059).
- Feb. 12, 2013, “How to Use Financial Benchmarking for a Competitive Edge” (Item #WEB060).
- April 9, 2013, “Negotiating Retainage” (Item #WEB061).
- May 14, 2013, “Shock Prevention: Managing the Risks of Electronic Project Management, Documents and Data Exchange” (Item # WEB062).
In addition to products and webinar offerings that are for sale, the catalog highlights resources exclusively for ASA members, such as ASA subcontract addenda, podcasts and white papers.
Founded in 1966, ASA amplifies the voice of, and leads, trade contractors to improve the business environment for the construction industry and to serve as a steward for the community. ASA’s vision is to be the united voice dedicated to improving the business environment in the construction industry. The ideals and beliefs of ASA are ethical and equitable business practices, quality construction, a safe and healthy work environment, and integrity and membership diversity.