Please join us in welcoming the second of three Senators to be formally appointed to the Construction Liability Apportionment Study Committee (CLASC) by Senate President Steve Yarbrough: Senator Lupe Contreras.
Senator Lupe Contreras joins legislative champion, Senator Karen Fann on this very important committee, which has been tasked with conducting research and taking testimony to produce recommendations for Governor Doug Ducey on:
- The use of an indemnity provision in construction contracts;
- The allocation of liability based on degree of fault;
- The assignment of financial responsibility to negligent parties;
- The opportunity to address and remedy alleged construction defects prior to litigation;
- The frequency of construction defect litigation; and
- The affordability of insurance costs associated with construction claims.
Senator Contreras is very knowledgeable about the issues facing the contracting community; he was a big supporter of the bill to create the CLASC committee this past legislative session. Please reach out to him, thanking him for taking the time to explore the issues facing contractors, and identifying the necessary solutions to bring fair contracting to Arizona.
CALL: (602) 926-5284
Stay tuned to find out who the final Senator to be appointed to CLASC as well as the three committee members from the Arizona House of Representatives are!